Below you will find a step-by-step explanation of how to set up 2FA.
- Log in to your BUX Crypto account
- Navigate to 'Settings'
- Under 'Security' you will find the option '2FA'
- To use 2FA, you must first install an Authenticator app on your mobile phone and have access to your phone while logging in to your account. You can use apps according to the TOTP standard such as Google Authenticator, LastPass and Authy.
- Open the Authenticator app you have chosen on your mobile device, and select the option to scan a QR code, or manually enter the authentication key. To scan the code, point your device’s camera at the QR code on your screen.
- Please save the 'Secret Key' code in a secure place and do NOT lose them. If you ever misplace or lose your authentication device (mobile phone, etc.), you need these codes to log in to your Authenticator account again.
- After scanning the QR code, BUX Crypto will automatically be added to your 2FA device.
- Enter the generated code to enable 2FA
Congratulations! You have now strengthened the security of your BUX Crypto account!
In order for BUX Crypto to provide high security to our users and their funds, we have also created a feature that through the use of Two-Factor Authenticator (2FA), will prevent from hackers to have access to you funds.
How does this feature work?
In case you have not enabled 2FA into your account yet, we will send you a notification suggesting you to do so to increase your accounts security. In case you decide to skip enabling 2FA, we will disable crypto withdrawals function to secure your funds.
How do I enable 2FA function in order to be able to withdraw crypto?
- Go to settings page at the top right corner of the webApp, you will see this after clicking on your name.
2. Click on the “2FA” tab.
3. Follow the instructions on how to enable 2FA, this is a simple 2 step process.
4. At the bottom of the page, you will find a checkbox that says “Only enable 2FA for withdrawals”. This means that you can choose either to enable 2FA function only for when you want to withdraw funds, meaning this code will only be asked to you once you decide to perform a crypto withdrawal. Or if you decide not to click on that checkbox, that means that 2FA will be programmed in fully function, meaning you will be asked for 2FA code when you log-in to your account and also when you perform a crypto withdrawal.
Once 2FA withdrawals functions is enabled, every time you perform a withdrawal you will need to provide the 2FA code generated by your Google Authenticator app.
How do I disable 2FA function from my account and what happens if I do so?
Disabling 2FA is very easy! Just as you did when you enabled it, you can disable it.
- Go to your settings page at the top right corner of the webApp, you will see this after clicking on your name.
2. Click on the “2FA” tab.
3. Follow the instructions on how to disable 2FA.
If you disable 2FA function, crypto withdrawals function will be disabled again as mentioned earlier in this page, in order to add security to your account and protect your funds.